Coaching Certification Program
The goal of the WLCI Coaching Certification Program is to equip participants to become effective life coaches by giving them the knowledge, tools and initial coaching experiences that will enable them to engage clients in transformational processes.
The 128-hour WLCI Coaching Certification Program is perfect for working professionals who are already licensed in a helping profession, such as social workers, counselors and therapists, and who want to add life or business coaching to an existing career or to shift to a career as a life or business coach.
Consistently with the International Coach Federation definition of “coaching,” Wales Life Coaching Institute (WLCI) will teach students using a solution-focused coaching model with a strength-based approach to interacting with clients. The Certification is also designed to build proficiency in Motivational Interviewing for participants of the program.
Over the course of the program, Wales Life Coaching Institute will transmit to participants the 11 ICF Core Competencies through lectures, live demonstrations, small-group discussions and observed and mentor coaching sessions. Participants will have ample opportunity to practice their newly-acquired coaching skills in group and one-to-one work over the course of the program.
Participants will emerge from the WLCI Coaching Certification Program with:
- a firm understanding of the objectives of coaching and the role and responsibilities of the coach
- greater self-awareness and the ability to engage more fully with clients
- the ability to guide clients through the challenging and rewarding process of personal development and encourage clients to maximize their potential
- skills and tools to engage in powerful conversations with their clients
- build proficiency in Motivational Interviewing
|List of Modules||• Module 1: Introduction to Coaching
• Module 2: Establishing the Coaching Relationship
• Module 3: Co-Creating the Coaching Relationship
• Module 4: The Coaching Conversation
• Module 5: The Coaching Conversation (Advanced)
• Module 6: Facilitating Learning
• Module 7: Getting Results
• Module 8: Getting Started as a Coach
|Number of hours of student contact time||Students will benefit from a total of 128 hours of in-person instruction spread over eight 2-day intensive weekends and an additional 1 hour of mentor coaching by phone each week between the weekend sessions.Weekend sessions will be organized once per month for 8 months.|
|Language/s that are used in program delivery||The language of instruction is English.|
|How the program is delivered||Face-to-Face, Webinar, Telephonic|