We offer certified case manager (CCM) workshops that center on providing the information and knowledge needed to pass the Certified Case Manager (CCM) credentialing examination. The role of most helping professionals involves case management skills such as advocating, coordinating resources, and communicating services that would best meet the client’s needs. The goal of our CCM workshops is to provide a resource for understanding what the CCM credentialing exam entails and the best strategies for preparing for examination. You will be provided with an understanding of the eligibility requirements, application process, and what it takes to pass the CCM exam.
Learn more about the CCM Certification Here!
Credentialing Exam Preparation Program Outline:
Module 1: Introduction to Case Management
Discussion of new knowledge framework, certification exam and intro to case management and case management process
Module 2: Quality & Outcomes Evaluation and Measurement
Discussion of new Essential Activity Area related to certain topics previously included in Case Management Concepts and Principles of Practice
Module 3: Care Delivery
Part 1 of new Essential Activity Area “Care Delivery and Reimbursement Models” – discussion of topics previously included in Care Delivery Case Management Concepts and Healthcare Management & Delivery
Module 4: Reimbursement Models
Part 2 of new Essential Activity Area “Care Delivery and Reimbursement Models” – discussion of topics previously included in Healthcare Reimbursement
Module 5: Psychosocial Concepts and Support Systems
Discussion of new Essential Activity Area closely related to previous Psychosocial Aspects of Care, with some additions for client empowerment
Module 6: Rehabilitation Concepts and Strategies
Discussion of new Essential Activity Area closely related to previous Rehabilitation, with narrower focus on “pure” rehabilitation activities
Module 7: Regulatory and Legal
Part 1 of new Essential Activity Area “Ethical, Legal and Practice Standards” – expanded discussion of topics previously included in Principles of Practice related to regulatory and legal requirements
Module 8: Ethics and Codes of Conduct
Part 2 of new Essential Activity Area “Ethical, Legal and Practice Standards” – expanded discussion of topics previously included in Principles of Practice related to ethics and standards of practice
The facts about the CCM!
- Board-certified case managers number more than 37,000 today
- The percentage of employers who require board-certification is, growing, 40.2% in 2014 vs. 25.9% in 2004.
- More employers offer additional compensation for board-certification, 30% in 2014 vs. 20% in 2004.
- About 60% say that care management and care coordination are included in their job titles.
- Tens of thousands of professional case managers are employed in a range of health care settings and in independent practice
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, case management is one of the fastest growing occupations. It is among the job categories projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations.
(Facts provided by the Commission for Case Manager Certification)