he requirements for obtaining licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker are set forth in 22 TAC 781.401. Generally, these requirements include:
- a master’s or doctoral degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited program and documentation in the form of a university transcript of successfully completing a field placement in social work;
- a minimum of 3,000 hours of Council-approved supervised professional clinical experience over a period of 24 to 48 months, or its equivalent if the experience was completed in another jurisdiction. Council-approved supervised professional experience must comply with 22 TAC 781.404;
- a minimum of 100 hours of Council-approved supervision, over the course of the 3,000 hours of experience, with a Council-approved supervisor. Supervised experience must have occurred within the five calendar years immediately preceding the date of LCSW upgrade application;
- passage of the Clinical Examination administered nationally by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); and
- passage of the Jurisprudence Examination.
Learn more: https://www.bhec.texas.gov/texas-state-board-of-social-worker-examiners/applying-for-a-license/index.html